Fun Things To Do in Pasadena!
On the northeast of Downtown Los Angeles, in San Gabriel Valley, sits the vibrant city of Pasadena. The city is well-known for its Rose Bowl Parade, football games, gardens, museums, art, music venues, and historic sites.
Are you new to the city and want to experience its best? I present the fun things to do in Pasadena!
Let’s start with the gardens and historical sites to familiarize yourself with the city’s history and culture.
- The Huntington Botanical Gardens – 120 acres of beauty. It has an art collection, a research library, and some of Pasadena’s most engaging artistic activities, like art talks, tours, and painting lessons.
- The Norton Simon Museum – A Pasadena must-see for art lovers. The museum displays Picasso, Rodin, Renoir, Degas, and Van Gogh.
- The Pasadena City Hall – Spanish Colonial and Italian Renaissance architecture make City Hall a must-see.
- Wrigley House and Gardens – The 1906 Italian Renaissance palace of chewing gum entrepreneur William Wrigley, Jr. Visitors can tour the 4.5-acre gardens with over 1,500 roses and other flowers for free.
- Old Town Pasadena – It has numerous fantastic restaurants, stores, pubs, quaint nooks, and corners to explore—one of Pasadena’s most fantastic attractions.
Top Outdoor Activities in Pasadena
- Experience the Culinary Scene – Pasadena also boasts various casual restaurants, food trucks, and other unique dining options. Amara Café, The Arbour, Dots Café, and Russell’s are just a few of Pasadena’s top eateries.
- The Rose Bowl Parade – Pasadena’s most popular event is the Tournament of Roses Parade, a New Year’s Day tradition since 1890. Floral floats, equestrian units, bands, and competition entrants are shown. Millions worldwide watch it on TV or online, but it’s far more fun in person!
- Colorado Street Bridge – A historic arch bridge with vintage lamps that became more well-known thanks to the film La La Land. It’s been there for almost a century and has lovely walkways for strolling. Free things to do in Pasadena, California One of the most excellent ways to spend a night on the town is here.
- Plaza de Las Fuentes – The six-acre plot is renowned for its beautiful public gardens and courtyards, ornamental paving and tilework, verdant vegetation, and various water features.
- Eaton Canyon Falls Trail – A 190-acre at the base of the striking San Gabriel Mountains is a favorite Pasadena hike for all ages and experience levels. Enjoy wildflowers and streams to the 40-foot waterfall.
Best Entertainment Spots in Pasadena
In Pasadena, California, there are many different kinds of entertainment venues to choose from. Some of them are listed below.
- The Rose Bowl Stadium – Since 1982, the Rose Bowl Stadium has been the home field for the UCLA Bruins football team. Still, it also hosts various other events, drive-in movies, concerts, festivals, a theater, a flea market, and the annual America Fest Firework Display on July 4th.
- Pasadena Playhouse – The State Theater of California has 686 seats and is well-known for its performing arts and role as a proving ground for future Hollywood A-listers. It has been pivotal in developing new plays and the resuscitation of classics in American theater. It’s an ideal place for a date night.
- The Ice House – Live comedy has been performed at the Ice House, the nation’s oldest comedy club, since 1960. Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, and Ellen DeGeneres are examples of brilliant performers. A place that will truly keep you entertained!
In Pasadena, entertainment options are endless. Get ready to get completely in love with this place, and if you have any questions regarding the available housing, I’d be pleased to answer them! If you want to learn more, here’s a link you can check out: https://sgvlistings.com/things-to-do-in-pasadena/